Production is underway in Cape Town, South Africa for the 13-episode second season of Syfy’s supernatural drama series, Dominion. Joining the series’ stellar cast are recurring guest stars Nic Bishop (Covert Affairs), Simon Merrells (Spartacus: War of the Damned), Christina Chong (24: Live Another Day), Olivia Mace (Doctors) and Luke Tyler (Chronicle).
The first season of Dominion premiered in June 2014, and was cable’s #1 scripted program among viewers 18-49 and 25-54 in its timeslot (Live +7). Based on characters from the hit theatrical film Legion (2010), Dominion is set in a post-apocalyptic future, 25 years after an army of lower angels waged an epic war against mankind. The series follows the reluctant “Chosen One,” Alex, who must fight to save Vega (what was formerly Las Vegas) from the angels that are hell-bent on destroying humanity.
In Dominion’s second season, humanity continues its struggle against the archangel Gabriel and his army of angels. Alex journeys from Vega to the legendary city of New Delphi, a human enclave with a dark secret, hoping to secure a military alliance with its charismatic leader. Back in Vega, Claire Riesen faces a civil war, pitting her against the disgraced David Whele and his newfound rebel allies. While war rages in the few cities left on earth, Michael stumbles upon a mystery in the form of Mallory, a perfect small town seemingly untouched by mankind’s war with the angels.
NEW SEASON 2 CHARACTERS
– Nic Bishop (Covert Affairs) portrays Gates, a brilliant but troubled military genius who helped build Vega into the stronghold it has become.
– Simon Merrells (Spartacus: War of the Damned) plays Julian, the cunning and powerful leader of New Delphi. Julian is a cryptic man with motives as questionable as his past and will go to any lengths to protect his city.
– Christina Chong (24: Live Another Day) is Zoe, a member of Vega’s Archangel Corps who defected to a rebel faction. Bold, fierce and scrappy, she’s a member of the poorest class that dwells in the city’s dangerous tunnels.
– Olivia Mace (Doctors) portrays Laurel, the steadfast leader of the small Southern town of survivors who have inexplicably managed to insulate themselves from the fallout of The Extermination War. Laurel is deeply devout to her religious faith and is unwavering in her resolve.
– Luke Tyler (Chronicle) plays Pete, an energetic, bright, dynamic and eternally optimistic teenager who grew up in the apocalypse. He has only ever known a battle-torn world, so he has no memories of the peaceful past.
Returning from Dominion’s first season are stars Christopher Egan (Kings), Tom Wisdom (300), Roxanne McKee (Game of Thrones), Alan Dale (Lost), Anthony Stewart Head (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Luke Allen-Gale (The Borgias) and Shavani Ghai (EastEnders).
Additionally, Carl Beukes, who has played Archangel Gabriel since the series’ pilot, will be a series regular in the series’ second season.
Season 2 of Dominion is set to premiere in the summer of 2015.
Geeky computer and math nerd by day and TV fanatic by night. My beats are The Walking Dead, The Strain, Person of Interest, Z Nation, and anything that most people would call freaky. Editor-In-Chief and Lead Writer of TVGeekTalk.com